FROM THE BEDROOM TO THE BOARDROOM
What You Need to Say to Be Heard; a Conversation with Maria Smith
ABOUT THE BOOK
The actual words we say make up less than five percent of our communication. Tone, sentence structure, rapport and body language are the actual indicators of the message we want to get across. From speaking to your boss to speaking to your spouse, communications expert, master trainer and NLP expert Maria Smith reveals how you can give criticism without offending, offer compliments without getting sued and instantly build trust and honesty with anyone …without saying a word.
For a year on different sides of the world, the authors met for late night interviews on SKYPE, having in-depth conversations on the lost art and new conveniences of communication. The book is written as a conversation between two people, with the reader acting as a “fly on the wall,” listening in on engaging, lively and revealing conversations as the authors recount personal stories and communication challenges, such as how to share a cubicle without throttling a co-worker and how to tell a lover to “do this, not that.”
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS BOOK?
- Techniques you can start applying to your next conversation
- Tools to extinguish anger and help you respond resourcefully and responsibly
- Real life examples of how the communication skills in this book have changed conversational outcomes from negative to positive
- The power to build trust and relationships without saying a word
- The ability to give encouraging feedback in the bedroom while making your desires known
- The freedom to end relationships that are no longer enhancing your life
- Preparation skills to get you prepped and ready to attend stressful family functions, work parties or job interviews
BEHIND THE BOOK
“Conscious Communicator” Maria Smith developed the award-winning company Bounce Consulting in 2006, serving the need of ‘soft skills’ training to the under-educated, under-served and long-term unemployed people of Australia. Within five years, Bounce LifeSkills Training became one of the country’s highly requested trainings, grew over 300 percent, gained endorsement from mental health professionals and was taught throughout the Australian prison system. Winner of the 2011 Powercor Award, BOMA’s Women in Business Award and Telstra Business Women’s Award nominee, Maria was summoned by The White House in June 2013 for an introduction of her program and how it can be delivered to job seekers in America.
Author Georgie Nickell has had two previous books published and has penned articles for six magazines. An entrepreneur and award-winning photographer, Georgie has worked within the media as a creative consultant and sought-after copy writer, creating national ad campaigns and developing the brands of the Pacific Northwest’s largest companies.
Copyright 2016 – From the Bedroom to the boardroom – All Rights Reserved